The Tools | Pinterest

/ Wednesday 23 September 2015


If you're a girl it's true that you do spend a lot of you're time imagining your dream wedding. I know for me I watched Monica's wedding (Friends) thinking oh I like that, that, maybe not that, that's good. However, when you then get to actually choosing it all gets a bit overwhelming. This is where pinterest saved me.
Before I got engaged I didn't really use pinterest that much, I just didn't really get the hype, However, I soon had to start getting some very clear ideas on what I wanted my wedding to look like and include, and I really didn't know when to start. Then I remembered pinterest. 

The first time I searched for weddings on pinterest it was like someone had just dumped every wedding image ever into one space - like a huge brain dump. I found this quite unhelpful to start with - however, it's when you want to look for specific areas of your wedding that it comes into its own.

I've ended up with many different boards around my wedding and I would recommend this to keep the same type of images in one space. I would then search for something specific, such as "wedding venues" and take a look here. This gave me a really good idea of the general feel and look of my venue. Then you can get more specific. One thing I found this hugely helpful for was for talking to vendors. Most (good) vendors will ask you to supply them with images of what you have in mind for decorations/flowers/invites/cake etc... If you already have these images in one place then it's less work for you. Easy, peasy. Also - my photographer has asked for photos we would want for our day - so I've purely shared my "Wedding Photography" pinterest board with her - so easy.

One thing I wasn't expecting about pinterest that was a massive help was actually some really helpful tips and tricks for wedding planning, but also where to get things. Each pin usually has a link from where it originated so you can really easily see where something is from. However, it also usually has the actual tips there on pinterest - like cutting down your guest list, timelines and budgets.

I now also have pinterest on my phone and is probably my most used app, ever. If you're planning your wedding you NEED pinterest. It will honestly make your life so much easier. Also, it's just fun.

If you want to follow me on pinterest just click here. Also send me your pinterest links below so I can also take a peek!

No comments

Post a Comment

© topaz&may bridal. Design:Maira Gall.